Today I’m going to share one of the easiest ways to make money online: starting a Niche marketing website. This is a tried and true method to making money online, if you plan and execute it properly. You can be an affiliate and sell other people’s products in that niche, or you can branch out and create your own.
1. Choose Your Niche
For more information, or if you don’t know what a niche is, see my article here.
2. What You’ll Need to Get Started:
- You’ll need a domain name. You can get one for less than $10 through a domain registrar like Namecheap or GoDaddy.
- You’ll need web hosting, such as Hostgator.
- You’ll need an email marketing list builder with an auto-responder, such as Aweber, This will cost you about $20 per month, but when you figure if you can build a list, each subscriber to your list is worth $1.00 per month, and you can add hundreds of subscribers to an email list through a service like this, you do the math! It’s also much better than trying to simply add email addresses to your email and send them this way, which I don’t recommend, for reasons we will go into in another article.
This is initially all you need to get started.
3. Build Your Website
Get a WordPress blog set up. There are other free platforms available to build a website, but I recommend WordPress because it’s easy to learn and use, and there are lots of ways you can tweak it with tons of both free and paid templates.
You can go to the above link to see what WordPress is all about, but to get it all set up, it’s far easier to buy a hosting package (see step 2). Hostgator and most other web hosting companies have something called “Cpanel” that comes with your new website. In it, there will be an icon for a script installation like Fantastico DeLuxe:
(Not actual appearance. I highlighted it to show where it will be in Cpanel.)
This will be an easy install from there. If you would like further installation directions for WordPress, there are many free guides available, including instructions for Cpanel installation, on the WordPress website, or you can do a Google search for WordPress installation guides.
3. Use your new website to make money
Sign up for Affiliate programs related to your niche. You can find affiliate programs for just about anything under the sun. If you need direction, check out the Affiliates Directory. You could also sign up for a Pay-Per-Click Network such as Commission Junction, but proceed with caution. In my experience, I’ve hit snags with this, for reasons I’ll explain in another blog post at another time. However, they can be a good option, IF you wait until the last step to set up a Commission Junction or other PPC Network account and you already have traffic to send to the offers you’ve set up there.
After you’ve set up your affiliate offers, drive traffic to your new website, and you’re in business! Good luck!